• Teacher-student interaction is constructive and friendly.
• Students actively participate in all events organized by the college.
• Teachers take great care in helping students who are first generation literates and belong to economically backward families.
• The department has a substantial collection of textual and reference books.
• Visits to the West Bengal Legislative Assembly are organized for the honours students when possible so that they can observe the technicalities of the law making procedure. Honours students are also taken to visit panchayat office to get first hand knowledge of its functioning.
• Dr. Ruma Guha of this Department is actively involved in research activities and her area of research interest is Kashmir Crisis.
• Shri Anirban Barman is currently pursuing research work and his area of research interest is migration and ethnopolitics in India.
To create a database of former students of this department so that present students can have an informative interaction with their seniors which would help them in planning their future.