• Dr TusharKantiGhara, Joint DPI, Government of West Bengal was invited to our college to deliver a lecture on “Data Requirement of RAF and its analysis towards improvement for a better score in NAAC” on 14th of June 2019.
• Organized a NAAC sponsoredone-day National Seminar on “Quality Assurance in the Age of Information Explosion” on the 5th of July 2019 in the College premises.
Guest of Honour→ Dr.PratipChowdhury, Former DPI, Government of West Bengal., Vice
Keynote Speaker → Professor BasabChaudhuri Vice Chancellor, West Bengal State University.
Special Lecture→ Dr.Sandip Banerjee, Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Lecture 1→ Dr.ParthasarathiMukhopadhyay, Department of Library and Information Science, University of Kalyani
Lecture 2→ Prof. SudiptiBanerjea, Department of Commerce, University of Calcutta
Lecture 3→ On Cyber Security, was delivered by Mr. KuntalSidharth&Mr.AlokeMaji, Crime Cell, Lalbazar Cyber Security, Kolkata Police.
A poster presentation was arranged. Eight Participants presented posters on various aspects of the topic of the seminar.
• Organised a One-week Workshop on Data Analytics jointly with the SQC and OR division of ISI, Kolkata from 9th July to 15th July 2019. We had about 39 participants which included post graduate students, research scholars and college teachers. The resource persons were from ISI and BKC College and there was also a representative from industry viz. TCS
• In an attempt to increase the reading habit of the students IQAC organised a book-fair at the college library from 30.7.19-3.8.19 from 12 noon -4 pm.ParulPrakashanPvt.ltd took part in the fair which was well attended by the students and staff.
• Organised an extension lecture on Environment for the 1stsem students titled “ Manusharkotodin” Mdelivered by Sri Pradip Dutta on 20th September, 2019.
• IQAC gave away prizes and certificates in the Annual social held on 26th of September, 2019.
• IQAC decided to acknowledge the excellence of our students in academics and extra-curricular activities.
• The IQAC team visited all the departments (both UG and PG) and the library during 16.8.18-25.8.18 as a part of the internal academic audit of the college. As the college office was busy with the ongoing process of 1st year registration it was decided that the IQAC will visit the office at some later date. The academic audit report is attached here with.
• IQAC keep a track on the number of classes held in the CBCS system and in a meeting with the head/coordinators of the department on 8.3.2019 members had the opinion to increase the number of classes of Semester II, both theory and practical, to meet up the eventual loss of working days.
• IQAC team met the guardians of the 1stsem and 3rdsem General students.
• Career Fair-2019”, the first of its kind in the college was organized in association with the Career Counseling and Placement Cell on 31st January, 2019. Several companies from varied fields participated in the fair which was well attended by our students as well as students from other colleges. Apart from giving stalls several companies interacted with students through student seminars.
• Organised an Industrial visit at MSME Tool Room Kolkata by the 3rd year Hons and General students on 13th September, 2019. Total number of participants was seventy four.
• In the first week of February, 2019 outreach activities were carried out in the adopted slum with the NSS which included drawing competition among children, distribution of educational kit, health camp and cultural function.
• An awareness programme on “ Dementia, the epidemic is here” was arranged on 24th of September, 2019 which was attended by people from the locality apart from the staff and students of the college. The speaker was Ms.NilanjanaMaulik, Secretary, ARDSI, Calcutta.