Brahmananda Keshab Chandra College has a functional unit of National Service Scheme (NSS) under West Bengal State University to impart 2-year institutional training to NSS volunteers. We conduct community services and social orientation programmes through NSS activities like campus cleaning, tree plantation , survey of slum area, promotion of voluntary blood donation and environmental awareness .The college acknowledges the importance of inculcating value-education into the students’ mindsets and making them aware of, and sensitive to, various social and socio-economic issues affecting the society at large.
• Understand the community in which they work.
• Understand themselves in relation to their community.
• Identify the needs and the problems of the community
and involve them in problem solving process.
• Develop among them a sense of social and civic responsibility.
• Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solution to individual and community problems.
• Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
• Gain skill in mobilizing community participation.
• Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
• Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
• Practice national integration and social harmony.