• Post-Graduate course in Mathematics has started from Academic Session 2017-18 in affiliation with West Bengal State University.
• West Bengal State University syllabus is followed for the course.
• Specializations are offered in both Applied and Pure Streams:
The special papers offered are:
Applied Stream: Continuum Mechanics, Fluid Dynamics, Fundamentals of Mathematical Biology, Fuzzy Sets and its Applications.
Pure Stream: Lie Groups and Lie Algebras, Algebraic Topology and Category Theory, Advanced Topology, Differential Topology.
• The department has a well-equipped computer and computational laboratory.
• The college library has an adequate collection of books for the Post-Graduate course.
• All the teachers in this department are actively involved in research activities and regularly publish articles in reputed national and international journals.
• Dr. Sk. Ahmed Hossain and Dr. Shyamal Sen have collaborated as authors of books in their fields.
• The teachers have also acted as Resource Persons in various workshops and seminars.
• Students' Seminar in each course is part of the internal assessment. The students are encouraged to use PowerPoint/ Beamer for their presentations.
• The department has plans to augment the books necessary for PG course in the college library in the coming years.
• The department plans to purchase more computers and to make all the classrooms ICT enabled.
• The department has plans to organize special lectures by eminent mathematicians from Academic Session 2018-19 onwards.
• The department also hopes to organize for special training to appear for NET and similar entrance examinations for higher studies in Mathematics.