Brahmananda Keshab Chandra College library has a valuable collection of books and journals. The college library believes in the ‘Five Laws of Library Science’ formulated by the ‘Father of Indian Library & Information Science’, Prof. S. R. Ranganathan, are –
• Books are for use
• Every reader his/her book
• Every book has its reader
• Save the time of the reader
• Library is a growing organism
Keeping these basic principles of library science in mind, the college library has been providing invaluable service to students, teachers, and non-teaching staff alike. The total area of the college library is 157.81 sq. mts with a sitting capacity of 60 students. The library remainsopen from 10.30 a.m. to 5.15 p.m.Monday to Friday and 10.30 a.m.to 2.15 p.m. on Saturday.Issue of books begins at 11a.m.
Some of the salient features of the college library are:
• Presently the college library has more than 27,000 books for use.
• The college subscribes to 26 journals& periodicals.
• Each student is provided with three cards for borrowing and reading of books.
• Students are allowed to use the reading room for reading purpose on submission of their reading cards.
• The library provides internet facilities to interested students.
• The library has subscribed to the INFLIBNET facility.
All the departments of the college have separate seminar libraries which also cater to the needs of the students. The college library has given special effort in the development of library with the following objectives:
• Extension of more library facilities.
• Purchasing of more reference and text books.
• Subscription to more academic journals and periodicals.
• Development of students’ habit for regular use of library (borrowing & reading).
• Development of students’ interest in using e-learning materials.
• Development of students’ habit of availing of internet facilities.
1. Annals of Library and information on studies.
2. Current Science.
4. Electronics for you.
5. Economic and political weekly.
6. Indian journal of Experimental Biology
7. Resonance journal of Science education
8. Indian journal of Biotechnology
9. Indian journal of pure and applied Mathematics.
10. Journal of Genetics.
11. Journal of Biosciences.
12. Journal of Chemical Sciences
13. Journal of the Inland Fisheries Society of India
14. Katha Sahityo.
15. Library Herald.
16. Mathematics Today.
17. Medicinal and Aromatic plants Abstracts
19. Science and Culture
20. Sanskrit SahityaparishadPatrika.
23. Indian chemical society
24. Indian history congress.
25. Journal of Indian council of philosophical research.
26. Essays and studies, journal of JNU centre of English studies.